Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Top-slab start, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's take a look at some…of the geometry I've created for this handle footprint.…So the first you'll notice in this particular model…is I've got a separate layer for mesh handle.…So it basically eliminates any extra mesh…that we don't need to focus on right now.…And the handle footprint itself,…now when I created this…the approach that I use is that I look for…very simple shapes initially.…So I looked at this curve on the outside.…And I just put that in using a degree three bezier.…And then from this curve here…I just offset that curve,…like this to the inside.…
So I'm trying to keep a relationship,…relationship between entities is very important…to try to get some consistent flow…of control points and holes.…So I would use the offset…to create the inside edge down here.…Now we're only going to using this portion of it.…But nevertheless it still has some relationship…to the outside curve.…So again, try to use simple entities…and try to use an offset…or build some sort of proportional relationship…in your related curves.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.