Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Top-slab blend, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- In this video, let us take a look at how to create…the blend, or transitional surfaces for this top slab.…So I want to shade this model up here,…and this is going to be the end result…of what we are trying to achieve here,…which is a really nice, smooth transition…on these two portions here.…Okay, so let's go to wireframe.…Now there's a couple of areas that you have to be…very careful of when you are using this particular type…of technique.…And I've set up two layers here, one is called break…and one is called trim.…Now if you remember in the previous video, we trimmed…these slabs up, ready for this transitional blend.…
Now there's two ways you can do this.…One of them is you can actually break the surface,…physically break it; and one of them is that you can trim…the surface.…Now the terminology varies between different CAD systems,…some CAD systems call it a geometric break,…some CAD systems call it a face.…So what is this one here?…Now the easiest way to explain this…is to grab these surfaces like that…and then let's just light them up.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.