- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Veejay Gahir, and welcome to Surfacing an F1 Wheel Using Alias Design. The goal of this course is to show you how to use Alias Design to create class A surfaces for an F1 wheel. There are many different ways to approach a surfacing project, but I will show you the methodology that I use and at the same time will discuss various engineering criteria that can influence the ultimate outcome of the final surfaces. You'll see how this component can change dramatically from a concept to a feasible engineering surface. Above all, I will show you how to identify problems during surfacing, why they occur, and, most importantly, how to solve these problems.
We'll take a look at a very systematic, methodical approach to class A surfacing and how this can greatly benefit the final outcome of the part. I'll also show you how to export this data at various stages so that a rapid prototype part can be created and used in a physical book or checked by a group like Human Factors. Alias Design has many unique features that enable experienced professionals and newcomers alike create high-quality surfaces quickly and easily for multiple uses. We'll be covering all these topics plus many of the tools and techniques, so let's get started with surfacing an F1 wheel using Alias Design.
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.