- Okay, so we've established a footprint for the main body…and we've also done a quick feasibility check.…Now very typical in this kind of scenario…is that things will start changing due to manufacturing…or due to packaging or due to human factors.…Let's take a look at a couple scenarios of how this…can affect this design quite considerably.…So this is where we are today…and we get notification that they are considering…a new type of switch.…So if we go into this view here, look at our P1 original,…so this our original study that we did.…
The new switch is a larger switch…and it needs more clearance inside.…So what we've had to do is here is…we've had to actually increase the amount…of clearance that' inside this body.…So you can see that we are now larger than…the actual original footprint that we had,…which is this one here.…So that's fine, but the problem that we have…right now is that this corner here now…is encroaching on this real estate here…that's a clearance for the thumb,…and we can't do that, we can't restrict that area.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.