Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Alias preferences, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- On completion of the surfaces for this F1 wheel…we'll be sending this data to Inventor.…So what we need to do is go up to Preferences,…Constructions Options, and we need…to set our Construction Options to Inventor.…So what Alias will do is it will set all the tolerances…correctly so that when we do import this data…into Inventor it should be okay.…Now there is one extra Construction Option…that I've set up here called Inventor 2.…Now you'll notice down here under Curve On Surface Trim,…under the standard Inventor Tolerance it's 0.005.…
Now I've duplicated that Inventor Construction Option…and I've created a new one called Inventor 2.…And what I've done here is I've edited it to 0.001.…Now the reason for this is this is Alias Design 2015.…And if you look at Alias Design 2016, which is this one here…on the right hand side, you'll notice that the…standard Inventor Tolerance…for Curve On Surface Trim is 001.…So for 2016 it's been tightened up…to one thousandth of a millimeter.…So what we have to do is we have to manually create…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.