Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Rotary dial - Scallop, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay so, moving on now, we're gonna tackle…the scallop for this rotary dial.…So, let's zoom into this area here.…I'm just gonna isolate all of these entities for a moment.…And what we're going to achieve here…in this particular video is to create this surface.…So, I just shade that up…and that's essentially what it is.…It's just gonna be a cutter…that we're gonna cut out from our rotation…that we did in the previous video.…Okay so, we can delete that for the moment.…And let's also hide this.…I'm gonna show you how I started this.…
Again, there's multiple ways of doing this…and this is just one of the techniques that you can use.…So, let's create a planar surface like this…and I placed it right on the corner,…right in the center of that mesh data…and I move my pivot point out to this corner here.…And I also…moved it in the vertical so that it represents…this top surface of the actual mesh data.…And to help you do that, you can also…just exaggerate the vertical scales like so.…
So you can get an idea of where that needs to be.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.