- In this video I wanted to mention very quickly…that I'm not going to be covering creating these paddles…in Alias.…This is a very simple part and quite honestly…it's just using basic construction geometry.…I'm going to switch these off very quickly…and I'll show you the very basics of how to create this.…Let's make this invisible.…So just work in two views,…so in the top view here we can use Keypoint Curves…and again I'm a huge fan of these.…And now I'm just going to go straight in with…three-point curves like this.…
Just create very basic geometry…like that and then this one could be…something like this.…G to delete.…And we'll finish up this one down here…and this one down here like that.…Now at this point what I'll do is G to delete the locators…and then I'm just going to select this References.…Just select everything like so…and then let's just change them to Degree 3 for example.…
At this point, I'm just going to go and switch them off…and I'm really rushing through this right now.…It doesn't have to be very accurate right now…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.