Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Rear fillet construction, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so in this video we're going to switch attention to…the outside edge, and we're going to run the outside fillet.…So this is the result we're going to be looking for,…but there are some issues that we need to resolve here.…So let me just do a quick queue on this and undo all.…The rear wall is created exactly the same way as we did…for the main body and for the inside edge of this handle,…straightforward flange with 12 degrees…and then an overcrown, using the skin function.…Okay, so let's go ahead again and run that fillet…and let's see the potential problems…that we could be facing on this.…
So again, always be consistent with your picking.…I always pick the top surface…and then I'm going to pick the side surfaces here.…So that looks pretty good on the face of it.…Everything looks tangent, we don't seem to have an issue.…But let's go in a little bit closer.…And you'll notice now that if I zoom right in here,…we've got this tiny little slither of surface.…And we need to eliminate those.…It may be okay, it may pass the check,…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.