Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of handle workflow, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay so now we're ready to move…onto the handle construction.…Before we do this let's take a look at some feasibility…that we need to add into this handle.…So the original mesh data was created…and we didn't really have any guidance on the transition…of the mesh handle onto the body itself.…So let's just shade this up.…So the transition from the handle,…as my cursor moves onto the body,…there was really no clear direction on that.…Now we've got some direction so engineering or manufacturing…or even industrial design have come back to us…and said that they need to have at least…two millimeters of over-flush condition for this handle.…
So what I've done here is I've created this band,…which is essentially a flange,…from the left-hand body portion.…So if I hide the mesh and bring on left-hand body you'll see…that this flange has been created from those edges.…And that's going to represent the edge of the handle,…the foam of the handle, is going to be exactly…along this outside edge here.…So now we've got some target to aim for.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.