- OK, so the next stage is to run the fillet…along the three protrusions of this handle.…This is a very simple exercise.…Let's just go into query edit, which is Q,…pick this fillet, undo all.…Let's do this one as well.…We'll query edit this one.…Undo all, and let's do this one as well.…Undo all.…So what I've done here, is I've just…picked up these common planes…that is the transition…or the mating surface between handle and the body,…which is this surface down here.…
And just copied it and brought it…over to the handle layers,…and then just very simply run those fillets.…Some cases you might have to extend them slightly…so they're above the handle, like I did there.…Let's just delete those curves on surfaces for now,…and let's just run that fillet again.…Value of two, one, radius G1 circular.…Now, it's very easy, you just have…to window over everything,…Alias will recognize the surfaces…that have tangency continuity,…and grab those all as one set,…and then the other set will be in yellow.…
So we'll say Next to that.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.