Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Master section model, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- As we move through this surfacing exercise…it's going to be critical for us to cut some master sections…to determine if we have the correct clearance…to the A surface in relationship to internal components.…For example, we want to make sure that we have…enough clearance for this particular switch…or rotary dial to the outside A surface.…In order to do that, we need to cut some sections.…Now these master sections can be provided to you…by engineering, but in some cases it's up…to us to make that determination.…So what I like to do is try to cut some sections…through at least all of these switches…to make sure that we're not encroaching…on the minimum clearance required…between the switch and the A surface.…
So right now I've actually set up…some sections very quickly here.…p1 all the way to p6.…And if I rotate this part you'll notice that it's…a section that's taken right the way through the mesh…and it gives me an idea of where the switch would be…in relationship to A surface.…I'm going to show you very quickly how to set this up.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.