Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Light the scene, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so let's take a look at…how to light a scene in Alias.…So in this case I've got a model here,…and I've actually set some light sources up in here.…And we can see that these light sources I've got…three spotlights at the top here,…and I've got a directional light underneath.…I'm going to show you how to do those in a second.…If we want to see parameters…or alter the parameters of these lights,…or even to see how many light sources…you have in your scene,…We're going to go up to Render, Multi-lister, Lights.…
And here we are.…This is a list of all the lights…that are currently used in that particular scene.…Now, lets do one thing.…Let's go ahead and delete all of them.…Okay, so now there are no lights in my scene whatsoever.…If I go into Render, and I go to Direct Render,…now there's two options, Direct Render and Render.…They're essentially the same thing,…but one Direct Render will render on your screen,…and the lower Render will send an exported TIFF file…or whatever you format you choose externally.…So let's go to Direct Render,…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.