Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Initial render setup, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Okay, so let's take a look at rendering in Alias.…So we're at the point now where we want to start…doing some evaluation and creating some images…for marketing or for a design review.…And right out of the box, Alias gives you some…quite good options, and you don't really have to work…too hard in getting something that looks quite respectable.…Let's go up to Diagnostic Shading,…and we've been using these options here…right the way through this course.…But I want to switch now to Visual State 1,…Visual State 2, and Visual State 3.…And you'll notice with these ones here, it turns on…hardware shading and shades a model using the environment.…
So now we're starting to add more elements…into our shading process.…In this case I want to jump straight to Visual State 3…and let's take a look at what we have.…Now you can see we don't have any textures…or shaders applied to these particular entities right now…so everything has a default shader.…So a couple of things I'm going to do here right now…is I'm going to go and switch on Hardware Shade…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.