Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Handle transition (middle stem), part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so let's take a look at how we would generate…the middle blend.…Now this is quite a tricky portion of this particular…surfacing project and there are a couple ways…of approaching it.…I want to show you the first way you can do this.…Now this is going to assume that you're not going to be…too worried about having NURBS or Bézier surfaces…as an end result because it will give you a little bit…heavier surfaces but nevertheless it is…one approach to this.…So the first thing is we pull in our scan data.…Just do a quick analysis on the scan data to see…how those shapes are running in this middle portion.…
And you can see that we have a surface that dives down…into a little hollow and then back up to the main surface…that we've already created.…So that's going to be the kind of approach that I use here.…And I want to try and capture that shape.…So the way I'm going to do it is try to capture it…in one surface that runs around,…matches into the top of our existing surface,…and then back out to the transition into the main body.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.