Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Handle transition (fillet creation), part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're at the stage, now, where we're going to…trim some surfaces and run the final fillet.…So, at this stage, I like to delete the history…between these four surfaces.…Let's just go ahead and delete the history,…and let's just add on our locators as well,…to make sure that we're not going…to violate tangency here.…Now, the next thing to do is to trim…these two top surfaces.…Now, we've already got a curve on surface here,…but we don't have anything down here,…and I want to trim this complete piece…back to here.…
Now, the theory is that I want to try to run…this fillet all the way round in one go,…in one command.…Otherwise, I'd have to run the fillet underneath,…and I'd have to run this fillet as a secondary operation…and then trim those two fillets together.…And, nine times out of ten, that just doesn't work…as far as matching those two fillets in.…So, we're going to go to Surface Edit,…Trim, and we're going to trim with…Project in the Zed direction.…We're going to trim this surface.…Now, you notice that we have the red dot,…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.