Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Handle transition (direct modelling), part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so at this point now we're ready…to start matching this top surface…into our top slab here.…So let's clear that section for a moment.…Now because we're going to be matching in the zed vector,…we need to split this surface, we've got one surface here…and we've got two surfaces here.…We can't match one into two like this.…So I'm going to switch off the control points…here for a second, and let's just go ahead and split this.…So I'm going to do a surface edit, project this surface,…and I'm going to pick one of these edges,…doesn't really matter which one we pick.…
Let's rotate around, now let's just take off the mesh…for a second, and I want to split this surface now.…Detach.…Right, control alt, pick on that projected curve…and space bar, and let's delete that curve on surface.…So now in the top view, we've broken this top slab…exactly at that intersection point there, so that's going to…help us with the matching function.…So now let's go ahead and do align…and we're going to align G1, project,…and I want to take off blending, pick this edge here,…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.