Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Front fillet, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay so we're ready now to start…putting in the front wall and the fillet…that runs along the front edge of this handle.…So let's very quickly use the same principle…that we used on the main body.…So we're going to go straight into Draft,…and I'm going to pick…this surface, this surface, and this surface here.…Using 12 degrees and 15 millimeters length here.…Okay so that's good.…Now what we need to do here…is we need to just fix this area.…And there's the blend that I had on my footprint.…
And I'm going to break right here…because this is the natural break.…It's a new segment, so that would be…an ideal place to break it.…So I'm just going to go in there and break.…And at this point here, I'm going to break this back surface…approximately here, like that.…And let's just delete these two pieces of data,…but we need to ungroup them first.…Let's take that one and that one and delete.…Okay, so now what we can do is…put a transitional surface in here,…which is going to be just a straight forward blend surface…between that one and that one.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.