Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Finished model, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- So here we are with the final model…and you'll notice in this case I've actually added…these paddles in the back here as well.…OK, so we're ready to do a final rendering.…So let's set our Globals.…Image File Output. Full Screen.…Quality we're going to leave on High.…And let's just check our Raytracer here.…So that doesn't look too bad.…
And then we're gonna go to our output rendering.…Again, make sure we're on Raytracer.…And let's just call this test.…Let's overwrite that.…Let's take a look at our Render Monitor.…Let's take a look at that. We're going to keep that.…So that's ready now to go to a…design review or to marketing.…But we've been told now by our Industrial Designer…that for the review they want to see…the same wheel with a blue handle.…So let's take a look at how we can do that very quickly.…
Let's go to our Resident Shaders…and we're going to look for Handle.…And just check by saying Pick Objects.…OK, that's just the shader that's assigned to the handles.…We're going to copy this. Double-click.…I'm going to call this blue.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.