Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Final model check, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay so here we are with this alternative method…and I've trimmed the parts up, finished off…the end pieces and we're going to go ahead…and do our stitch,…spacebar, let's move that up.…So that doesn't look too bad and we're…going to go to our Mesh,…move that up,…and then we'll do a quick mesh repair on that.…We're looking for just one boundary and three passes.…Okay, so that looks good.…
Now I did do a check for,…the final check before we send it off to inventor…which is the Check Model…and if we run the check it's clear now…but there were a couple of surfaces…in there that had short edges exactly…like we did in the previous video.…Just un-trim them, re-trim them,…and everything worked out just fine.…And finally, what we'll do now is we're going…to go into our Orientation,…just window over everything that's blue…in this dipole.…Let's go to Object.…
And then we're just going to go into our…Dipole Evaluation like this…and we're going to set 3 degrees.…And again, I'm not worried about these…side surfaces here, all I'm concerned about…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.