Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Final assembly, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- So here we are at the end of this particular project,…and what I've done is I've basically just compiled…the whole modeling into separate layers,…and we're ready now to maybe do some more…advanced rendering for marking and design reviews,…and this part now is good to send over to the…rapid prototype group to create…some physical properties as well.…Now when we release this data or even at this stage in Alias…it's a good idea if you're going to be passing this data…on to somebody else to at least include…some information, for example like a die line.…
Now even in our case here the die line pole…was in the zed direction.…It's a good idea to put a simple line,…label it as die line vector and insert it…onto a layer and template it.…This is especially important if you're using…an obscure die line that's not just a regular xyz,…so that anybody that picks this model up…will have reference in that particular vector.…So, at this point we're gonna start moving on now…to doing some more rendering in Alias.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.