Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Feasibility Checkpoint, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so let's start to construct the rotary dial…for the main body.…And the way I like to approach…these particular types of exercises is…that I like to go through systematic approaches…to how to create the final result.…And I create them in steps,…so you can follow along from any one of these steps…as we move through this particular video.…And we're going to break this into two components here.…We're going to have the main body itself,…which is the lower portion down here,…and then we're going to do the indent,…which is the upper portion, in a separate video.…
So let's bring back the mesh very quickly,…so you can see what we have.…So there's two components to this.…Okay, so to start with, I started off…with a very simple circle down in the bottom there,…going to do a Ctrl 5,…that brings up the Information Window.…And you can see right now I started with a 10mm radius.…Now again, talk to engineering,…talk to human factors, talk to the designer,…what type of switch he wants there,…and let us an off the shelf an item,…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.