Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Export using Alias Design, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- At this stage we're ready now to export…this model for rapid prototyping.…So let's very simply select this data,…do a quick model check again,…and it passes.…And we're going to go to File,…Export, Rapid Prototype.…Accept.…Alias runs through a quick check again.…Everything looks good there, going to accept that.…Now at this stage we can create a wall thickness.…So we can create a wall thickness of 2 mm,…and we can also flip the direction of that as well.…
Let's just go simply to Export…and then you can place it wherever you need to.…In this case I'm just going to place it on the Desktop…as Handle.stl.…Okay, there's one thing we haven't done yet…and that's just to finish off the main body,…and we have to just run some fillets through here.…So let's just go ahead…and run some simple fillets.…I'm just going to window over this,…and let's do an Automatic trim,…Extend for both, Continuity Check.…That looks good.…
That looks good, now you'll notice this one,…the only issue that we have here is…that we have a slight overhang…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.