Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Dial recess, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- This video, we're going to go through the steps…of creating the recess for the switches and rotary dials.…Now this is a very simple process to some degree.…We're just going to create a foot print,…which you can see by these circles down here.…And let's determine, again, with engineering…exactly how the switch is going to be attached…and where it's going to be attached.…And we're going to create some draft surfaces…and then we're just going to run a quick fillet.…Well you'll notice from the shaded model here…these two locations here have rotary dials…that overlap the opening with the stem…that goes into the body so we don't…need to create a draft surface for that,…we just need to literally just punch a hole through there.…
So let's get back to wire frame.…And before I do this,…we're going to leave this particular entity…to the very end.…So you'll notice in the mesh model…it was actually just a circle but because…it's a toggle switch, engineering have come back and said…"Well, no, we need a slot in there so that we can…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.