- Okay, so in this video, we're going to start…putting in the Side Draft Surfaces for the main body.…So, we're going with the concept of the body and handles…being two separate components,…and I'm going to hide the Z_section…and this is going to be the Footprint…that we're going to be using.…So, as we did with the Feasibility study,…the very first step is to create the Side Flange surfaces.…So let's take a look at this edge here.…I'm just going to Query Edit, and I've got…a Hotkey so Q for Query Edit, and let's open this up.…So, you'll notice we've got 12 degrees,…and I've increased the Length from 13 to 13.5.…
The extra half a millimeter is not going to make…a lot of difference in this particular scenario.…And I've also put on Modify Range.…I don't need to have a whole flange…running all the way from the center line,…so I'm going to just take the flange back…to something like that, which is more acceptable.…And that's very simply, the first step.…And you'll notice I've also flanged the…interior Fillet here as well.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.