Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating master sections, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- So in the previous video we established a footprint…for the body and now I want to show you how to work…on some feasibility through one of these attachments.…So let's hide this footprint and we'll bring up P1.…Now P1 is a section through the scan and through…this particular button and I'm going to show you…how to check for feasibility and how we can set…up some criteria here.…So let's hide the mesh and I'm going to go…to a layer at the very top here called…Example and select that.…We're going to go to Set Construction Plane…to this one and we're going to look true onto that plane.…
The Y axis is set up so that this indicates the split line…between the upper and lower parts of the main body.…So let's go ahead, select this section, call Edit Points…and I'm going to go ahead and create a line…between those two points, change it to 2,…select these edit points and switch them off.…Pick CVs, I'm going to move them right mass…but in the vertical and I'm just going to hold alt…and that snapped them now exactly to that gridline.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.