Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a hexagonal head (standard part), part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so in this video I'm going to show you…how to create the hexagonal head.…Now, this is a catalog part that exists in the database…and you will probably never have to surface this.…But just as a good exercise,…we're going to run through a quick workflow…on how to create this.…So this is a representation of the steps…that I'm going to do.…And you can start at any point during this process.…So the first thing to do…is to go into a Primative mode, Cylinder.…Five Spans, zero Caps.…And let's just put that right here like so.…
Next thing to do is to create a flange surface.…And we're going to go normal this time,…because we're using the edge of a surface.…And let's just dial that back to something like this.…And now we're just going to create…some very simple entities.…Let's just go with a one, control-alt.…And on this one I can just use control to snap to the ends.…
Just delete that flange, we don't need that anymore.…And we're going to now just draft…a very simple surface down.…And the Z-direction,…you can pick each individual one like this.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.