- Okay so in this video, I'm going to show you…how to create a center pad.…Now, again, as with many CAD systems…there's so many different ways of creating…a same component and I'm going to use a…curve method here to initially set up the foot print.…But again, you can go straight to surfaces…it's purely a matter of preference.…So let's go ahead and create some basic curves.…I'm going to capture the outside edge here, like so.…I like to start with a very simple curve.…Degree two.…Let's go to the transform tools base bar.…And I'm just going to go very quickly through this and…when you do it, you can actually spend a little bit…more time, a little bit more accurate.…
And when I've got it to this stage here,…I've just captured the outside edge here.…You could actually change that to a 3, like so, accept.…And we're still in the transformation mode…so we can just finely tune this outside edge, like so.…So we get to a stage where we've captured the outside edge…quite accurately and I'm just going to go to…grouping this part, now, very simply.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.