Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Check model function, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so the final thing to do now…is to run this model through a Check Model review,…and this is where, unfortunately, everything…could fall apart here.…We're going to select everything,…and we're going to go to Check Model.…So the important thing to note here…is that we're setting it to Inventor, Construction options,…and we're going to switch on all of these options here…for Rationals, Periodic, and we're going…to do a quick Check on this.…So now Alias gives you feedback on entities…that violate those conditions or have internal errors,…and we have three entities right now…that do not pass this check.…
So let's start off with the bottom one down here,…and you can see their alias highlighted,…so it's that square.…So what it's telling us, if we go back to it,…is that all of these have an issue with the Short Edge.…So let's take a look at what we can do about this.…So let's take this one surface,…and I want to create a brand New Layer,…and let's change the color of this…to, let's say, a blue, and I'm going…to Assign that entity to that layer.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.