Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic slab construction, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so let's get started with creating…some basic surfaces for this handle.…Let's switch off this layer here…and I'm going to put on the layer…of just a handle mesh.…And let's put on the trimmed footprint.…Let's bring everything back in view…and right now it's just a very simple case…of creating a skin surface…between these two entities,…these two entities here,…and these two entities here.…Again, the philosophy is to start off very simple…and then increase complexity as we move…through the actual process to refine the shape.…
Let's bring into play our control points now,…and I'm going to increase the degree here to three.…There we go.…Now at this point, we're going to cut some sections…so let's just cut some basic X-sections.…A Y-section will probably work better…in this case here.…Let's do some Y-sections and now I'm just going…to go ahead and let's pick Component, Curves.…
Let's pick these curves.…I'm going to template them…so we don't pick them accidentally.…So now let's just go and pick these surfaces…that we've created and I'm just going…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.