Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic dial - Main body, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, so in this video we're going to take a look…at how to create the rotary dial with the four legs.…So we're going to split this up into two components.…We're going to do the main body and then the scallop…was going to be a separate operation.…So let's start off with the main body first.…We're going to bring back the mesh.…And the workflow for this essentially is to just create…1/4 of this and then rotate it around…or reflect it around.…Typically that's what you want to do on…a rotating component like this.…You don't really want to do a whole 360 rotation in one go…because it's a periodic entity and that's troublesome…for some CAD systems.…
Okay, so let's do this.…Let's go ahead and start with this workflow.…I'm going to take this mesh…and let's bring the visibility right back here.…The first thing to do is to set up a plane…right in the center of this mesh so,…if I go to the top view,…you see I've set a plane up right in the center there.…Well, how would you do that on a mesh?…Well, let's take a look at the workflow here.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.