- Let's take a look at how to add…some textures and shaders to this model.…First of all, let's render this up…to see where we are.…I'll do a direct render.…It's quite bleached out, but it's just one color.…It's kind of a grey white.…The reason for this is that,…first of all, I've added my own light sources in,…as I've mentioned before, so I've got the spotlights…and directional light, and let's go back into Reset.…Let's go into Hardware Shade,…and let's do a Shade On,…and let's got to Render, Multi-lister, Lights.…
By the way, even if we open up in the light mode here,…we can actually go in List, Shaders as well.…So, let's go to List, Shaders.…When you open up a file in Alias,…you will always have an environment and a default shader,…and the default shader, if I double click that,…is this grey color, and that's what's been applied…to all these entities in my particular model right now.…Let's go ahead and create some new shaders…and apply them.…
First of all, there's two ways of doing this:…there's the old way that we could go into List, Shaders,…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.