Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying text, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- In this video I'm going to show you…how to apply text to the F1 wheel.…So I use a very simple approach.…The approach that I use is I create a planar surface…and I apply a shader to that planar surface…and I place that planar surface just above then entity…that it's relevant to, for example, the main body.…In this case, let's go to WindowDisplay, Hardware Shade…and let's do a Shade On.…Now this is the final result we're going to be aiming for…but in your case you're going to see…a whole slew of question marks there.…
And the reason for this is that when I created…the exercise file, my sourceimages folder was residing…on my desktop and what you've done now…is you've downloaded the sourceimages folder…placed it on your desktop, so the link…between the image and this surface now…has essentially been broken.…I can show you that by picking one of these entities…let's pick this H for example, and let's take a look…at where Alias thinks this image should reside.…So the first thing I'm go to do is go to the Control Panel…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.