Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Alternative solution to blend surface, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video, we're going to take a look at…an alternative method for creating…this bridge surface between this mid portion of the handle.…Now in the previous video, we took this surface…and we extended it over these top surfaces…and matched it right in the Z-vector.…That worked out quite well for us…but there is another alternative to this.…If I shade this up, what we're going to do here…is we force this bottom surface underneath…those two top slabs and we're going to put in…a transitional fillet between these two surfaces here.…
So let's take a look at how that's going to work.…So we're going to go to Fillet Chordial,…G1 Circular, Chordial Length 20 and 1.…Right now, we're just going to pick those two…and that surface there, spacebar to accept.…So you can see then, it gives us a fairly reasonable result…but there's quite a lot of spans in there.…And one way you can try to eliminate some of those spans…is by switching on Edging Align for the interior.…So what that's doing is it's taking this common boundary…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 38s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.