Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced Alias functionality, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Okay, up to this point we've been using…the Alias design module.…And I wanted to touch on some additional functionaliy…that's available in AliasSurface and Alias Automotive.…And in 2016 release, Alias Automotive now is going…to be known as Alias Autostudio.…Never the less, functionality is very similar.…There's just some advanced functions for the new release.…And if you get a chance, check it out on their website.…It's got some really good functionality.…So, lets take a look at what's the additional advantage…of using AliasSurface or Alias Automotive.…
So if I select this model,…and it passed the evaluation check in Alias Design.…But if we do a check model in AliasSurface,…you'll notice that we do have a lot more…options to check.…So it's a more rigorous check on this particular model here.…So I'm going to stay active up here.…So we can also check for G0, G1, and G2 as well.…So lets just check this,…and that's what we expect.…But if we put in G0, and G1,…right now everything we've created…has been up to tangency.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.