Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding an overcrown to the sidewalls, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- Ok, so at this stage now, we are ready…to essentially finish off this body.…So we've created a quarter of the body,…and now it's a case of reflecting…this over in the X direction.…And remember the red vector here indicates X.…And then we're going to reflect in the Z direction…to create the bottom portion.…But before I do that, I'm going to show you…a little bit of a sanity check that I go through…when I'm doing my surfacing.…So I'm just going to hide those…templated pieces of geometry.…Now at this point here, I'm going to run…a quick check by simply selecting all that data,…and then I'm going to go to Surface Edit,…Stitch, Shell Stitch.…
Space bar to accept.…Now what I'm looking for here,…if I move this stitch surface up,…is I'm looking for areas where…we've got gaps or slight slivers of surfaces…that don't quite match.…And that's a good sanity check.…If it passes this check here, you're in pretty good shape…to move onto the next stage.…If you do see any errors at this stage,…it's a good idea to try to correct them.…
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.