- [Instructor] In the last movie,…we got our LoadMore button working correctly.…So it can retrieve pages of items and append them…to a div on the current page correctly.…Now, we're ready to add the infinite scrolling part.…We just need to be able to trigger…that same Ajax function, LoadMore.…We need to do it whenever a user scrolls…to the bottom of the current content.…We aren't going to be able to do it…all in one step exactly.…What we first need to do,…is we need to bind a function to our onscroll event.…The way we do that is with window.onscroll all lowercase…equals to, we're going to make an anonymous function here…and inside there we're going to call scrollReaction.…
All right so anything we want to do with scroll…is going to be handled by scrollReaction function.…It's a function that I'm going to write…and every time that the window scrolls,…this function will be called, every time.…Not just when we get to the bottom of the content,…every single time we do any scrolling,…this function gets called.…Now let's go up here and let's define that function.…
- What is Ajax?
- Creating Ajax requests and responses
- Monitoring Ajax request state and events
- Responding to Ajax requests with HTML and JSON
- Building Ajax buttons
- Submitting forms with Ajax
- Implementing infinite scrolling
- Adding autosuggestions to text fields
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ajax Defined
What is Ajax?5m 34s
2. Ajax Client
3. PHP Server
4. Ajax Button
5. Ajax Form Submission
6. Infinite Scrolling
7. Search Autosuggest
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.