Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting considerations, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Lighting is very important to any living space…and for an accommodation, your guests are often…coming to an unfamiliar town…and arriving at a property where they've had…no prior experience, often after dark,…in many instances.…I've had check-ins arriving at 2AM in the morning,…and aside from the fact that I always advise my…late check-ins to remember to be quiet…out of respect for their neighbors…and for other tenants in my buildings,…I want their arrival to feel safe and welcome.…My policy is to leave the lights on for them.…
And the AC, or the heat, depending on the season.…While this isn't the most cost effective policy,…my guests love and appreciate it.…It's uncomfortable arriving to a dark and…strange place, and a well lit rental feels safer…and more welcoming.…Here's a few tips.…Replace incandescent lighting with…compact fluorescent or LED bulbs.…They are more expensive, but having to replace…a burned out bulb is a real cost in terms of your time.…So they're not only going to be using less electricity,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.