Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiring and managing housekeepers, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Before we discuss hiring and managing housekeeping staff,…let's discuss pay.…This course is not a payroll or Business 101 program so…if you would like to gain a greater understanding of payroll…or you have tax questions,…contact a tax professional in your area.…I'm currently paying my housekeepers…three times the state minimum wage…and I don't use a service.…I hire my own housekeepers directly.…I'm generous for a variety of reasons.…I expect a spotless result,…quick turn-around,…and friendly and thoughtful people working for me.…
Each space has at least one primary housekeeper…and someone willing to clean as a backup person.…And, on occasion, I have had to clean my own check-outs,…just because people need vacations…and time off for personal reasons.…I also pay a flat rate for housekeeping…so that the person has the opportunity to earn more,…for fewer hours, if they do a fast job.…And fast may never translate into sloppy.…Being organized and prepared can help move things along.…
I expect each person working for me to come prepared,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.