Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video The different types of spaces you can rent, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Airbnb allows you to list residential, and other accommodations, for short-term rental. In order to list on Airbnb, the accommodation must have a valid physical address. You also need to provide details such as the type of accommodation, such as a sofa, a shared room, a private room, or an entire place. You also need to tell them how many guests are allowed, the size of the space, the features, and the amenities provided, such as towels, sundries, and housekeeping if offered. Let's check out some of the Airbnb listings online and see what variety is offered.
You can discover this medieval castle in Burgundy, France. If you're a chill seeker, you can shiver into the night under the cover of this faraway cottage in Greenland. If you don't tend to get seasick, this gorgeous houseboat is available in the city of Amsterdam. And on a more mainstream note, I found this friendly and impressive $50 a night deal in the Big Apple. And here's an enormous four-bedroom house in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
This Hollywood mansion in Los Angeles boasts an impressive view. And no matter what type of accommodation you're offering, it's important to be clear about what is being rented, and what is and is not included or allowed so that your guest has the best possible experience during their stay. While most of us don't rent a boat, if you do, are you just renting it for sleeping quarters, or can I enjoy a relaxing weekend across the lake in it? Here's some more thoughts. Airbnb is a marketplace, and the agreement you're entering into is between you and your guest.
So be sure you're legally allowed to rent the accommodation to them. Make sure that you're in good shape with your landlord. Many rental and lease agreements have restrictions on subletting, and that would include renting out using Airbnb. Even if you are an owner, be sure you're not restricted by a homeowner's or condo association policy preventing you from renting out your property to others. It's also okay to list motel and hotel rooms on Airbnb. While you don't have to offer furnished accommodations, it will be much harder to rent an unfurnished place, and that generally doesn't fit well for an Airbnb business, unless you're renting out a barn or a vacant camping area.
Just remember that it must have a physical street address in order to be listed.
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental