Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Small touches that improve guest experience, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- I firmly believe that the fastest way…to gain trust and appreciation from guests,…is great service and communication.…I also pay attention to the habits of my guests…and speak to my housekeepers, to gain valuable…information to improve the guest experience.…Guests will go out and buy additional items for their stay,…and as I compile a list of these items, I can see…which ones makes sense to add.…Small touches do matter.…Having power strips at desks and at the bedside…are clearly important, and provide convenience and comfort.…
If you find that you're hosting a lot of guests who love to…cook, add plastic storage containers and resealable plastic…storage bags, for guests who book longer stays.…I'd offer earplugs at bedside for light sleepers…and a white noise machine is a great way for guests to…mask outside sounds, if they prefer not to use earplugs.…My rentals are all in California and flying insects…are at a minimal issue here.…Screens keep them out.…If you're in a climate that simply attracts insects…and swarms, put some insect repellent in the bathroom.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.