Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Scouting your competition, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- As with any business,…you have to maintain a competitive spectrum of amenities…and price-to-value ratio for your specific location.…Let's take a look at some accommodations…offered by other hosts prior to preparing a listing.…From the Airbnb home page,…enter the city where your accommodation is located.…Select the number of guests…that your place will comfortably accommodate,…and then click Search.…In the search results, narrow this down a little bit.…
Select the room type,…and because I'm offering an entire apartment,…I select Entire Place as my choice.…Now here's a histogram that provides you a visual…understanding of pricing for other host accommodations…and the price ranges.…The higher the peak on the graph,…the more properties are offered…in that particular price range.…You can see the overall averages of prices.…Pricing will be fluid and you'll be adjusting pricing…based upon seasonal demand,…but our real focus here is seeing what amenities…are offered for accommodations for two people…in the immediate area.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.