Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Photography, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- In my opinion, photography is the single most important…aspect of your listing and should receive…your sharpest focus and greatest attention.…While you can capture great photos using a smartphone,…if you can hire a professional photographer, I recommend it.…Now, if you're anxious to get going right away,…take pictures yourself.…Now, everybody loves free stuff…and Airbnb offers free, professional photography…in select metropolitan areas.…If it's available, apply for it right away,…but in the meantime, you can upload…your own pictures and replace them…with professional ones later.…
Now, Airbnb supports unlimited photos…at no additional cost.…Here are a few of the technical requirements.…Photos should be in JPEG format.…Photos should be at least seven megabytes,…and if they are much smaller than seven megabytes,…step up the resolution setting…so that they don't appear pixelated.…If you hire a professional photographer,…ask them to shoot at the highest resolution possible.…Never take pictures in portrait mode,…this is a huge rookie mistake.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.