Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video How to evaluate Airbnb as a business opportunity, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Sharing unused living spaces is not a new idea…and it's remained a staple way to help make ends meet.…The vacation rental business has matured…over the years as well.…Now you can advertise your accomodations…so that you can connect with travelers faster,…at a lower cost, with more transparency,…and a higher degree of security…than placing your own individual classified ads.…So let's evaluate this business opportunity for you.…In a recent San Francisco economic impact study,…it was discovered that 56% of hosts in San Francisco,…used the money that they earned…to help pay their mortgage or rent.…
It was interesting to find out…that 72% of the accommodations,…were outside the central hotel district,…which means they weren't taking away business…from other existing hotels.…And 42% of hosts,…used the extra money they earned…to pay for regular living expenses.…A New York study showed that the average occupancy…was 6.4 nights as compared to 3.9 nights for hotel guests.…82% of listed accommodations in New York…were outside the main tourist areas,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.