Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling maintenance and damage, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- I'm sure you pour your heart, your soul,…sweat, blood and tears into your rental space.…And you hope that everything goes perfectly all the time.…However, there are basic maintenance items you'll need…to consider on a routine basis.…Let's talk about preventive and reactive maintenance.…Preventive maintenance is the ongoing care of existing stuff…that will avoid a major repair down the road.…I've included an exercise file with a checklist of things…to pay attention to, but, as a general rule,…look out for the things that might seem less obvious.…
For example, clean and replace air conditioning filters…to ensure fresh air circulation throughout the property.…Check periodically for leaky faucets and running toilets.…This is a great thing to take care of…before a guest has to bring it to your attention.…Assure that the furniture is in good working order and…do period inspections of the blinds, windows, ceilings,…and walls to make sure that everything is looking good.…As a general tip, let me tell you that drains…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.