Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing prices, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- I learned a lot about pricing vacation rentals…when I owned and operated hotels, and I've applied…that learning to my Airbnb business.…For starters, an Airbnb will have added expenses…such as amenities and house keeping costs,…plus there will be a percentage of the time when the rental…will sit vacant.…Before setting rates, consider the following:…consider of Airbnb is going to become an income supplement…or a key source of income for you.…If you're doing your own housekeeping, how much time…can you commit to handling check-out cleaning.…
Assess the total cost of resetting the space between guests,…including the amenities, laundry cost,…and cleaning supplies.…Think about the cost of water, electricity, gas,…cable and subscription services, such as Netflix, Hulu,…and Amazon.…Would you rather stay super busy or earn the same amount…with a higher vacancy rate?…Can you afford to take the time required to find…the sweet spot in pricing your air B&B.…If you're renting out the night on your sofa…or a spare bedroom to cover your living expense,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.