Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing the property summary, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Now let's jump in and start developing a listing.…The great thing is, you can pause and return…and the information you entered with be saved for you.…You don't have to complete the accommodation listing…in one sitting.…The focus in this movie will be the property summary.…There's a lot of folks who don't have the attention span…to read through an entire property listing,…and while you may be very proud of what you're offering,…many renters on Airbnb will simply skim.…Start developing a strategy around this…by keeping information bite-size…rather than making it feel like an essay,…or even worse, a novel.…
You'll need to be signed in…and then click "become a host."…From here select the home type,…the room type, in this case an entire apartment,…and then how many people the accommodation will hold.…Then scroll down and type in your city.…Then click "continue."…Then click "finish my listing."…Now, I'll be covering sections,…not the entire process.…
Not everyone needs technical help with Airbnb…so the focus here is getting the content just right,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.