Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Determining your readiness for Airbnb, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Before you venture out and post your vacation rental,…I encourage you to think carefully…about your responsibilities and ensure that you're ready.…Hosting guests will return many wonderful experiences…and financial rewards, but comes with commitments…you must keep and reasonable expectations…you should consider.…A guest needs to gain a clear understanding…of who you are before they'll feel comfortable…requesting a reservation.…You'll need to provide an honest profile…that provides a picture of yourself…to receive the most reservations.…
A high-quality picture that clearly shows your face…will be needed.…It will be imperative that you respond quickly…to booking inquiries, and if you're always on-the-go,…you'll want to have the app installed…on your mobile device so that you can receive…push notifications of new bookings…and quickly respond to them…as well as guest messages during your stays.…Strong communication skills will build confidence…and trust throughout the entire process.…If you aren't used to this type of communication,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.