Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Communication prior to guest arrival, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- After booking your accommodation, have a solid routine…for handling guest communication prior to arrival.…Touchpoints are important and reduce concern…on both sides.…Every time your guest contacts you,…respond to them quickly.…This is, after all, a business.…A mobile phone with email will be a great ally…in maintaining fast response times.…Providing fast responses is helpful and a great start,…but also, be sure to treat every communication with care…and a positive attitude.…Every guest is different, there's no one size fits all…method of communication.…
Some guests may be new to traveling and express…a great deal of concern over staying in a strange town.…Be helpful and personable.…After every booking, I send a list of check in instructions…that firms up the details of the stay.…I keep these details in a document that I can use…to copy and paste into AirBnB's messaging system.…Included are the property address,…the earliest available check in time…and a reminder not to arrive early.…The latest check out time and a reminder…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/03/2016. What changed?
A: We added one video on Airbnb's Instant Book feature.
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.