Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Clearing personal items out of the space, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Presenting your accommodation space in the correct light…will mean more bookings.…It's in our nature to collect things…and a collection of items in a rental space…can either enhance the guest experience…with charm, delight, and grace…or it can serve to dampen the mood…and reduce your guests' enjoyment.…While it's perfectly normal…to cram closets with personal belongings…or tuck items in the corner of a room,…your guest is typically vacationing or traveling on business…and most guests appreciate clean, streamlined space.…
We've all seen it.…We use the bathroom at a hotel or restaurant…and it's become the storage closet…for a mop and bucket or a stack of canned tomatoes.…One of my biggest turn-offs…when frequenting an establishment…is the lack of attention…that goes into presenting the space.…I learned from direct guest feedback that a coffee table…inundated with cute tchotchkes was a bit of a turn-off.…A few decor items makes sense,…but each area of the accommodation…should be functional and helpful.…If an item serves no function…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.