Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Banking setup and getting paid, part of Making Money with Airbnb.
- Now, let's discuss getting paid.…To use Airbnb, you'll be required to accept…payments through their system.…This means that guests will pay Airbnb, who holds the money,…and then you'll be paid 24 hours after the guest checks in.…This ensures that everyone gets what's expected,…and protects both the host and guest.…You'll need a bank account to receive the funds…which are paid electronically.…If you manage multiple accommodations,…you can even set up multiple bank accounts,…so that you can manage each space separately.…
Airbnb also offers PayPal, but the PayPal fee…will cost you almost 3%, or you can use a…Payoneer prepaid debit MasterCard to spend your funds.…While PayPal seems convenient,…and I even teach a Lynda.com course on it,…I'm only covering bank accounts in this course…because it means you'll earn more,…and that's what I recommend.…The debit card isn't ideal for someone running…an Airbnb business, because you can't write checks…to pay for your Airbnb expenses,…and most housekeepers want cash or checks.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful Airbnb host, first acquaints viewers with Airbnb and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the Airbnb world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention getting listing that covers everything from the headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of Airbnb. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether Airbnb is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your Airbnb rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your Airbnb rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of Airbnb
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on Airbnb
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.